Image Map

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Green Thumbs & Newsletter

Just a tidbit about my upbringing... I grew up on a farm and to this day still make a trip home to help my parents with it - cows, chicken houses, an orchard, a greenhouse, and so on.  So, I am embarrassed to say that I have a brown thumb :( I truly want to be able to maintain houseplants and do classroom activities shown on Pinterest involving chia seeds, buuutttt it just hasn't been in the cards for me.  I don't know why - maybe it's a talent that skips generations (like cooking)?!?  Anywho, despite the color of my thumb, I am attempting to teach your kids how to make their thumb's green :)  Our school has 4 flower beds/garden areas for classroom use - Ms. Paige in the office sent out an email at 10:10 Thursday morning saying they were first come first serve, and at 10:11 I replied!!  I thought it would be really neat for the students reap what they sow, so I have purchased some carrot seeds (and I may buy some others) because they should be ready before school is out.  Rest assure, I have other second grade teachers helping with this project so there's hope of success!  Here are a few pictures of the students getting our garden ready!  By the way, they LOVED it - even the worms!!





And I'll end this post with our newsletter!  Don't forget that tomorrow is a teacher work day so no school for the kiddos! 

Have a marvelous week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment