Image Map

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Busy, Busy Bees

I will start with providing you with this week's newsletter.  We have a very busy, but exciting week ahead of us!  Monday (tomorrow) is our field day - as mentioned in the ClassDojo message, students will need to dress appropriately for this - gym/play shorts, tennis shoes, etc.  Please DO NOT send your child in jeans and/or flip flops - we will be outside in the heat all day and running around so they would be miserable :(  Students will be allowed to change into their field day shirts when they arrive and then return them to me at the end of the day so I can take them home to wash and bring back for the fun run on Thursday.  This is to ensure all students have their shirts for both events and then they will be able to take them home :)  For field day, I will provide sunscreen and a snack, but if you could send a towel and a water bottle with your child, that would be great!  Also a change of clothes wouldn't be a bad idea either ;)

Tuesday and Wednesday should run as normal.  Thursday will be the Boosterthon Fun Run.  2nd and 3rd grade will run from 1:15-2:45.  Friday will be the Statham Stampede which will begin at 9:15 - students MUST have a permission slip in order to participate.

On another note, last week students took their math and music SLO assessments as well as their end of the year DIBELS assessment and I am very proud of their hard work and their improvements because of it! :)

I feel like I am forgetting something so I may post again tomorrow... bear with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment